Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

7th Grade Ellis Island Reenactment

Below you will find some pics and videos of our immigration reenactment from last Friday.  I hope that you enjoyed the experience and have learned a bit more from this simulation about an immigrant's encounters on Ellis Island.  If I didn't get you in the shots I am sorry!  There was so much going on at once, and I found myself getting pulled into all of the mini-dramas happening.  Thanks for doing such a great job!  Your costumes were wonderful!



The final processing








A Character Check

An 88 year old lady from Italy

An Italian guy hiding a rash...

A priest, who in previous years has killed someone

A Scandinavian woman

A young Scandinavian woman...yes woman...making a grave mistake at the character station

A broken arm....from what?

Trying to pass the health inspection

The realities of deportation are setting in...

The loyalty oath for all but one....oh my...they need to work on their English!



2 comments:

  1. WOW! I just found your blog and want to copy soooo many of your ideas! I will be teaching 5th and 6th grade history next year for the 1st time ever and am very excited. Thanks for obviously being a great and passionate teacher! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete