Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

An Interactive Day in Social Studies

I am sitting here at the computer in my classroom playing around with the blog...I cannot wait until next semester when we all try our hand at blogging when we begin Relay for Life in full force.  Keeping a blog will not be a requirement, but I think it is something that you'll want to do.

Today was an eventful day in social studies with commercials and brochures due as well as mini-teaching assignments.  You all continue to impress me with your levels of creativity.  All I can saw is Wow!  I wish I had a camera or a video for every great moment today.  Here are a couple below!

First a video from four boys in my first period class!  What great fun we had laughing as we watched and listened to reasons why New England is just the greatest place to live!



Below, you see a British Official getting ready to argue his point to the colonists about why the Townshend Acts are indeed fair.




In the picture below, you can see an unfortunate tax collector has been tarred and feathered, in front of a classroom, and forced to drink tea.  Protest was alive today!   Hopefully you've all learned that there were two sides to this great argument.  You have done a excellent job of showing both sides, British and Colonial.


This student was not hurt in this reenactment.....though it looks pretty bad...!


The brochures were great too....I snapped a few shots second block...they were fabulous!









No comments:

Post a Comment