Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Blast from the Past...DC

Dear all,
I hope that you are all having a great vacation!  Mrs. Cook and I leave for the South Pacific next week.  We are getting excited about the trip.  We dread the long flights to get there, but are anxious to see another part of the world.  I will try and put some pictures on my blog when we return. 

If you have some great shots of your summer adventures, and you would like to share them with the other students, send them to me, and I'll post them on the blog.

I took a class a little over a week ago at the apple store over at the Short Pump mall.  I wanted to learn more about imovie and what I could do with it.  Who did I run into?  Sarah L and her mom.  They were taking the class too!  I found out that Sarah had made a movie trailer from our trip to DC.  Luckily they shared it with me, (it is great) and you can see it below.  It brings back some great memories, doesn't it?  Just seeing the snow and remembering the cold seems like a thousand years ago as we are in the midst of summer and heat.

Enjoy your July days...August is right around the corner!

~Mr. McEwen

4 comments:

  1. Wow with all of the humidity of the past few days just seeing that snow gave me hope for some cooler air. I went up to New York recently to celebrate my Great Grandmother's 100th birthday and the weather was in the 70's all weekend. I can't wait to go to Canada in August hopefully some great weather there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great trailer! sarah got some nice shots of dc from way up high. i'll try to get you some pix.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you. It sure has been hot this week, and the DC trip makes one realize that it won't be hot forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really amazing. With the weather lately, the snow gave me some hope for cooler weather this summer! I can't believe the field trip was a whole seven months ago...

    ReplyDelete