Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kayak

Well, the first week of summer has come and gone.  I hope everyone is enjoying their break from school.  I have tried to catch up on tasks that I put off when school was in session as I was too busy.  I have also been able to stay up a bit later too!

I did manage to go to the doctor and check into my foot.  I don't know if you noticed or not, but the last couple of weeks of school I was wearing sandals with no back to them...I wasn't doing it to be comfortable (though they were), but I have a huge knob on the back of my foot, which had become inflamed and incredibly sore.  I stopped running as the pain was too intense.  My family doctor has referred me to a bone doctor...I cannot get in until August 1!  My family doctor told me that more than likely I will need surgery to scrap off the stuff...he called it a bone spur..plus I have calcification of my Achilles tendon...


So...I cannot run...bummer...I love to run.  So what did I do?  I used part of the gift card I received from the CBG students and went out and purchased a kayak.  I have to get my solitude in somehow, and this seemed like a good way to do it.  The first time I ever kayaked was in Costa Rica spring break of 2010, and I loved it.  This morning I took the kayak out on the reservoir and explored for a couple of hours..it was great. 

I also have been swimming laps at the pool and doing the stationary bike, so I am getting exercise.  Running will just have to wait until the fall I suspect.

Mrs. Cook and I are getting ready for our South Pacific adventure.  We leave on July 14th.  I'll post some pics in August of Mrs. Cook doing something crazy. 

I hope everyone is doing well.  Though I don't miss school, I do miss all of you...

Enjoy July...

~Mr. McEwen

No comments:

Post a Comment