Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Earthquake, A Hurricane, A Fire, What's Next?

Well,
It's the Saturday before school begins....for teachers.  Students, you have one more week!
This certainly has been a weird summer concerning potential mishaps!

The fire was a total shocker, and I never realized just how much damage the guy did.  Mrs. Cook and I are some of the luckier teachers just because of where are rooms are.  Some teachers lost most of their stuff.  I have not been able to get back into the building to check the status of my binders and teaching debris, but I have hopes that it will all be okay.  We start at James River on Monday.  The latest I heard is that we will be back in the buiding on Wednesday.  I have always told you that one person can make a difference...here's a prime example of one person making a difference in a negative way!

What were you all doing when the earthquake struck?  I was emptying the dishwasher...I at first thought my daughter was bounding down the stairs too loudly....then I realized what was going on....wild.

My new teeny weeny computer
Now I am sitting here during the hurricane using the CCPS netbook.  I haven't used it all summer for a multitude of reasons.  The little mini-keyboard is definitely going to be a challenge.  The typing of this post has been laborioius, but I am managing.   As I see the wind roar through the trees in my back yard, I keep my fingers crossed that they stay intact!  I hope everyone is safe and warm and not in the dark.

I look forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.  My room will probably look a bit more barren than it did last year because I believe I lost all of my posters from smoke damage. 

~Mr. McEwen

No comments:

Post a Comment