Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

My New Cast

I have graduated to a cast.  This morning I had my first appointment since my surgery.  They took the splint off and put a cast on my foot.  I have never had a cast before in my life!  When they asked what color I wanted, I said, "lime green."  The nurse looked at me kind of strangely, but said, "lime green it is".  As they two nurses were wrapping my foot, one of them said that lime green was an interesting choice to make.  I guess she was trying to say that lime green was a weird color for an old man to choose.  She told me that I looked like a black or blue cast person....I told her that the color was my team color from my middle school.  I guess the Venturer team spirit lives in me even though I am not in school!

They x-rayed my other foot for the broken toe I had....come to find out I have two broken toes on my "good" foot.  The toes were taped up and I was sent on my way.  The doctor showed me my before and after x-rays.  They took off my bone spur, and found that I had a piece of it that was chipped off.  I guess that's why my toes were numb all of this time....They cut my achilles tendon, took out the bad tissue, then reattached it with screws of some sort.

Now I am in the cast, I still cannot put weight on it....in about four weeks, I graduate to a boot....where I can actually put a little weight on my foot.  I look forward to that day!

Have fun at the picnic Wednesday night if you are going!

After the splint came off, before the cast

My new lime-green cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment