Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Native American Artifact Museum

It has been a long time since I've posted!  I've been horrible!!!!!

This year has proved to be a very busy year with teaching social studies 6, social studies 7, ASE 6 and ASE 7!  I am enjoying keeping busy, but this blog has fallen by the wayside....

Well, it is time to begin writing again, and our Native American Artifact Museum provides the subject matter!   You all did a great job with our museum, and I am very proud of all of your hard work.  Below you will see some photos I took.  Sorry if I didn't get one of you...it was too hectic in there!

Enjoy the photos....there are some "duplicates".  I was trying to get someone to smile for the camera!

Good luck not losing power....I just heard we don't have school tomorrow!

~Mr. McEwen
























4 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are great. I LOVE the 6th picture with the boy on the left. Hilarious facial expression!

    The projects are outstanding. Did each group choose what they wanted to display? Did they have to work on them outside of school? Did they earn a group grade?

    Sorry I'm full of questions-I teach 5/6 grade history. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments!
      Each group picked from one of five Native American tribes that we study in the sixth grade and they had to create an artifact from that tribe as it would appear in a museum. They did their research at school, but built the artifacts at home. They had a contract to follow which they created, so they were assessed separately.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh guys, these projects are great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete