Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Random Posts....Holiday Bazaar....DC....7th Grade Assembly Line

Students,
Well, I just posted the explorer treasure chest pictures, and I am on a roll.  So I thought I would post a few more things...all random...


First, here is a video from my seventh grade class a couple of weeks ago.  We were simulating Henry Ford's assembly line.....The winning team with the most bookmarks made got some extra credit points on the industrialist era test...of course quality mattered as well.




Secondly, here is a quick 13 second video with Mrs. Cook wrestling with the bamboo in my room.  In case you don't know, the bamboo is going to be used in some of my students' holiday bazaar booth.  I think we have some future engineers in our midst.  I am anxious to see how the booth turns out!  In the video you will notice the bell is ringing to end class, and we are still picking up our mess...





Thirdly, here is a video from a guy who has been to the Hotel Harrington.  For you seventh graders, you will remember this hotel from last year.  Sixth graders, watch the video to get an idea of what the hotel looks like.




Next, we have an advertisement from Ford's Theatre about the play, "A Christmas Carol."   I believe this is from a couple of years ago, but watch it to get an idea of what to expect!



Finally, here is a video from the Smithsonian Institute on the American History Museum.  It gives you a general idea of what you can see in the museum.   Preview it to get an idea of what to expect.  This video appears to have been made by students about their experiences at the museum.



Coming soon.....watch for postings from the holiday bazaar as well as my French ASE class and their impressionist paintings.....

~Mr. McEwen



1 comment:

  1. I've got to do this assembly line thing with my 6th graders sometime after Christmas! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete