Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Monday After.....

Dear all,
What an amazing weekend we all had!   I am still tired from it all, but I do have many wonderful memories and important experiences.  I will post pictures in the next couple of days, so be on the lookout for them.  Some parents have also sent Mrs. Cook and me some great pics, and I'll make sure I have them up soon.

My brain still feels a little fried from lack of sleep.  When I got home around 7:00 on Sunday morning, I found out that my dog had been attacked by my neighbor's two pit bull mixes.  My son was playing fetch with her in the yard, and he turned away for a bit, then she evidently took off into their yard and they got into a fight.  My dog is the most non-aggressive submissive dog in the world...she loves everyone...she hardly ever barks....so it was a surprise.  Needless to say, we called Animal Control.  This is the second time this has happened....the first time was with my other dog...My family took my dog to the emergency vet where they had to do surgery.  She is doing better tonight, so all is well...I feel lucky we didn't lose her.  I love dogs so much...at least the dogs I have had in my life...they are a stabilizer in my life, if that makes any sense.

When I say I love dogs, I don't love all of them.  Just the ones who wag their tails,  love people, and are gentle to everyone.  So...I am writing this because it is good therapy, plus it helps to explain why I didn't really sleep as much as I would have liked to sleep on Sunday.  My brain is still mush....but will be better tomorrow! 

Below you will see two flash mob videos from Saturday evening.  I don't know if I will get any others, but if I do, I will pass them along.  Thanks to the two people who posted these videos to youtube!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment