Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Running

A non-social studies post I guess.  

My sons gave me the five-fingers running shoes for Christmas.  I tried them out and liked them...a lot.  It is weird how the sensation of running is very different without all of the padding of a running shoe.  I found that I could run faster with them, and my knees actually hurt less than they did wearing conventional running shoes.  Now when I run, I try to alternate the type of shoe I use, as different muscles are used depending on what type of shoe is used.  

This weekend I decided to use some of the holiday money that you all gave the CBG teachers.  I bought a pair of barefoot running trail shoes.  I have used them twice this weekend and I like them a lot....my toes hurt a bit...but otherwise I think I will like them.

Relay for Life is in just two weeks.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment